Friday, April 10, 2009

Chapter 8.1: 黄山之旅 ~Reprise~

Hi guys!

Its me again celebrating the 2nd Month of stay in Shanghai. Before I start babbling about changes to myself in this 2 months, let me clear some backlog from the 黄山 trip. I'm so sure the pictures from the trip is worth way more than a wall of text on how I have changed!

Emotions aside, let the pictures do the talking.


First attraction visited, 花山谜窟. Beautiful hills from the outside but...

The hills are emptied out by ancestors! Its still a mystery where the rocks from the hills went and how were the hills emptied by ancestors using ancient tools. Not to mention a pillar named 'Optimus Prime' showed up within the cave. For all you know, Transformers did all these! (Ya right...)

Day 2, we visited 西递村. A village so well-hidden from the outside world that much of the hundred year old buildings and traditions are still available for the public.

Day 2 Afternoon: After going up 黄山 by cable car to save some stamina, we saw the winding path we need to climb, to reach our hotel... as you can see its all the way down and then...

I will not forget this 百步云梯 for awhile. Its 100 steps of vertically challenged steps which are about 1.5 times the normal steps you climb. As you ascend the steps, you see more and more people resting beside and then, there is this 80+ year old grandma trying her best to climb using all fours. She got all my respect! I ended up having thighs cramp on top of this flight of grueling stairs

Jumping for joy after we reach the top! (Though this is taken elsewhere but it describes my feelings after the climb!)

Day 3, 黄山 has a last gift for us before we head back to Shanghai, an absolutely wondrous Dawn. Please be reminded that this picture is taken by my camera and not a realistic painting!

Here I am, receiving the gift of 黄山 in awe of its magnificence and beauty. Thank you, mother nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment